Of Gods And Men: The Daybreak Empire is a turn-based strategy RPG in the pixel art retro style of classic tactical games from the 90s and early 00s. We’ve mixed unit-based tactical combat, overworld territory management, a rich story-driven campaign in a unique fantasy world.
The story follows Saaga, the leader of a backwater kingdom on the edge of Tamira, disillusioned with her place in a world of people governed by the whims of bored gods and greedy lords. But when a general from the mainland comes to her begging for help, a chain of events is set off leading her on a path of war and diplomacy to create the greatest empire the world has ever seen.
- Initial concept and design
- Direction of art and ludonarrative design in relation to core concept
- Comprehensive playtesting
- Unit design
- Alpha pixel art
- 7000+ word dialogue heavy script
- Formatting script to .XML format
- Wrote soundtrack
- Performed or programmed all instruments but drums
- Led marketing campaign
- Development of graphics for steam, itch.io, facebook, and twitter